Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Search Tips for Government Sites
- Find the Search Box
- Search Boxes work like other search engines you are used to.
- Search results are only from government web pages, most ending in .gov. (This helps make sure you are getting official information you can trust)
- On most sites, there will be a link that reads, "learn what you can do on this site". Check it out.
- This link contains a lot of really helpful information and goes into detail about what you can find on the site.
- If you go to a site looking for specific information and you can't find it, you can contact those who maintain the website and they will get back to you.
- When you are browsing through your list of results, your search terms are bolded.
- Looking directly under the title will tell you what type of document it is.
- It can be hard to see but your search terms will appear bolded wherever they appear in that document.